Monday, June 29, 2009

"Humility Indeed" by Jason Bellard



It's been a long time since I posted. I just found this song and it really blessed me. At the same time news hit that Michael Jackson had died. Then I recieved a email from Andrew Strom, called "How Fleeting Life Is", you can do a search online if you want to read it. All this made me think of my past life, and it made me praise God for His saving grace in my life. Below is a letter I wrote to Andrew, and will post so you know what I'm talking about:

Hi Andrew! Thanks again for another great article! Thought provoking, I loved this:

"For what is your life?" asks the apostle James. "It is a vapor that appears for a little time, and then vanishes away."

"Vanity of vanities," says the Preacher of Ecclesiastes, "All is vanity... All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again."

If it is one thing we can learn from the life and death of every 'icon' on this planet, it is that we all must live with eternity in view, not the fleeting charade of this present world. As Leonard Ravenhill so eloquently asked, "Are the things you're living for worth Christ dying for?"


It just made me think back of my old life in Christ, and how great and merciful the Lord has been upon me. Many people don't know this, but my whole life was built around wanting to be famous. Started young, going to some of the best acting schools and modeling schools. When I became an adult I studied some more and moved to Hollywood to pursue fame. In a short time, I got a lot of work in movies, music videos, and commercials. Right before I got converted I got a nation wide Mc Donald's commercial that got me into SAG. I was getting offers from top notch agents after that, it seemed like I was almost there. When suddenly I got converted!!! The Lord made it very clear to me, I couldn't keep living that life of vanity. Hours of my day being spent on going in for fittings and make up and hair, and then on the shoot, I would sometimes spend 14 hrs a day shooting, for a 2 minute scene! I just wanted to be alone with God and read His word. I remember calling my agent and telling her that I was leaving Hollywood. She was utterly shocked, realizing that I was finally achieving my life dream and just throwing it away. She told me if I ever wanted to come back she would be there. But the Lord clearly forbid me to go back. I thank God for being with me and taking away all those desires of fame and riches and replacing them with a love for him and contentment. Crazy to think I left that life of glam and now living as a poor missionary in Mexico!!! Bless His name!

"Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me." (Mat 16:24).

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever." (1Jo 2:15-17).

In Christ,
Lina Urban
www.puregospeltruth.com

I hope this testimony will drive you to continue to follow Christ, no matter what the cost. He is worthy, worthy above all! We Christians will have many earthly losses, but they don't compare to our heavenly gains!
"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" Mat.8:36

1 comment:

Leah said...

I love the song Lina, thank you for posting it, and also for sharing your testimony, it is a blessing to hear it again. My brother and I also listened to that video of Paris Reidhead which was on your sidebar, very sobering.
God be with you!
Love in Christ,
Leah