Friday, December 18, 2009

Prayer Request...

Please pray for my neighbors. Sunday morning at about 3:30 am, I heard in my sleep what I thought was people partying in my street. I couldn’t figure out what exactly it was till I was able to really wake up. I heard my next door neighbor and her little girl screaming. I heard the little girl say, “Let her go!!!”, then I heard the woman say some things, and it immediately stopped. I started to burn within me to go talk to them. I decided to pray and wait for another day, I wrote down scriptures for them and went back to bed. So today, I prayed in the morning for them and went about my business. Strangly I decided to go to my front door and open it and look outside, I never do that! And I say my two neighbors walking home. I knew it was the Lord that led me to see them, so I could talk to both of them. I started shaking, of course started thinking of so many excuses why I shouldn’t go now. But praise the Lord for giving me strength! I got my notes with the scriptures and my bible and went. I knocked and they answered, I told them I needed to talk to both of them, they let me in. And I told them, “I am here because you have a problem and that problem is sin”, they were utterly shocked. I started to preach the Gospel to them, the man seemed very receptive and humble confessing his faults. The lady had no expression on her face, I don’t know if she was angry or in shock. I then told them about what I heard that night and how the worst part is not that I heard but that God saw and heard and how he is not pleased with them living a life like that, and read them the specific scriptures that talk about violence and the works of the flesh. I then got to exalt Christ and tell them about the victory that He has purchased. And that if they repent and believe they can have a new life in Christ, walking in the Spirit and not in the flesh, and proceeded to read to them the works of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, temperancance etc. I gave them instructions on how to seek the Lord and find pardon for their sins. Please join me in prayer for their salvation and for their daughters to be saved and grow up in a Godly home. The lady asked for forgiveness at the end, telling me she was so embarrased that I heard what happened that night, and the man ended up confessing his battles to me and how he wants to change. I offered them a home bible study with Josef and I, they said they would let me know. Blessings to you all



In Christ,
Lina Urban
www.missionary2mexico.blogspot.com

No comments: